Blog Archive

Thursday, January 3, 2008

Addendum to Atral Meeting!

I am lucky to have such a good friend who helps me to 'see' different aspects of what my experiences are showing me. I thought I'd share a lot of his insight:

A dream, to me, is very much a drama, in that one scene leads to another, building on and relating to each other, leading to the resolution or revelation of the complete story. In this way, carefully examining each dream element and seeing not only it's individual meaning but how it fits with and reinforces or modifies the other elements is necessary to decoding the true meaning (and there can be more than one!) of a dream.

Where the scene takes place is described as "I’m in my house... the room I came back to was different." So, you are in the familiarity of your own home, yet somehow it is also unfamiliar - there is something different or new about the room you find yourself in.

Nice interpretation - I'm home but yet I am 'not home' in this room... makes sense....OR it could be I had to move into another 'room' in order to find my friend who was apparently having some difficulty getting there!!

Placing the scene exactly is important because where you are about to step out indicates a change of scene - you are about to step out of 'your' space at the door step. A door, of course, is a portal into another space. You have every intention of venturing out, but there is that hesitation of venturing out without protected feet.

After you feel that hesitation, the scene essentially ends, as your guide steps in and delivers the final message. Though you had the intention to go out with your friend, ultimately you don't.

You do step out of the door, and your guide is there with his message. Water is usually symbolic of the subconscious. Water 'softening' could indicate some sort of moderation or yielding of subconscious elements.

You make it to the stoop - a transitional area between inside and outside. Your feeling of 'pausing and reflection' could indicate your own preparations for going 'where you have never been before'.

Many 'creatures' can inhabit our subconscious - but in this case we are given a specific context and creature of the subconscious - a horse in the water softener.

What does a water softener do? Obviously, it removes the hardness (dissolved minerals that can cause stains and clogs) from the water.

A horse, as per dream definitions, is an animal of power, spirit, and movement. Something that effects a process to that extent would certainly have a profound effect if you were to change it's 'color'. Your guide bears the specific message that the 'horse' has not been changed - "it’s the same horse in there". It is something that should be changed, that you were supposed to change, but you 'forgot' (it left or remained out of consciousness).

Perhaps your hesitation at the door was the result of having the wrong horse - or an indication of where the right horse would go? The trouble with trying to address errors of consciousness is the necessity of using the same consciousness to try to understand what one is questioning! Perhaps, it is an indication that there is more 'ground work' to do before flying off. ;)

Just to clarify here - the 'guy' I met is someone I have come to know on a 'friend' basis, with little 'close' background information and just basic facts about his life and experiences. (Although I do feel a close connection to his 'thought energy' if that is possible!)

I suppose I should tell you that I have not physically even 'met' this person! So that will make this 'meeting' all that much more difficult to validate....but yet, I do feel this was who I met that night! Unfortunately, my friend I believe I connected with has no recall of this meeting, but did have some otherwise very 'revealing' dreams that same night.

But perhaps, that is because he also is not fully 'prepared' for this experience, just as I was not able to be fully 'prepared'...(as indicated by the need for a 'horse of a different color' in my 'water' tank!)

More symbolism: "White: White represents purity, perfection, peace, innocence, dignity, cleanliness, awareness, and new beginnings. You may be experiencing a reawakening or have a fresh outlook on life.

To see a horse in your dream, represents a strong, physical energy. You need to tame the wild forces.....If the horse is white, then it signifies purity, innocence, prosperity and good fortunes...."

So to summarize: It may symbolize my 'innocence' (white) at not knowing that my 'strong energy'(horse) in my subconscious (water) still wasn't under control (tamed) enough to do what I so eagerly wanted to do at that time! That I can agree with as I do tend to 'fly off' without much thought when OOB!

Thanks, Kiauma!

No comments: