Blog Archive

Sunday, April 13, 2008

53) OBE - Working with a Soul Group

This is the latest experience I had while visiting my son, wife, and my new granddaughter for the weekend. For some background, it is necessary to note that they live in an apartment in Philadelphia next to a park and on the top floor of a 15 story building with a balcony that overlooks the street below.

Going to sleep in the living room, near the sliding door out to the balcony, I remember thinking it would be so cool to be able to go OOB and experience going over the railing 15 stories up! Sure enough, I asked and it is given – but of course in a most interesting way!

I woke to vibrations, excited to think I’d be able to get out while visiting here. Again, the first time with the vibrations was unsuccessful as I became too aware and awake. I relaxed back, and then became aware of what I call ‘astral vision’ starting. That is, I am completely aware I am lying in bed, yet can see clearing that I am viewing unfamiliar countryside, as if flying. As I am watching the scenery, I again realize I am becoming too awake/aware trying to use my physical eyes as the vision starts fading. I quickly focus on returning to that ‘altered mind-state’ (best description I can give) that brings the vision back into clear focus.

It is at that time, I realize I am now transitioning to a full OOB state, becoming aware I am actually flying over this countryside with the most beautiful colors below. Again, I enjoy the freedom of being out, swooping and diving, doing all kinds of flight maneuvers. (I really think I have to have this experience at first as it ‘validates’ to me that I am actually OOB, and then will be able to transition to the next experience to stay aware that I am still ‘out’.)

As I’m flying, things start to become less clear and controlled, so to keep my experience going, I know this is the time I need to affirm “Inward now!”, which I do.

Again, the backward pull, blackness, and transitioning feeling, and I find myself back on the couch in my son’s apartment. Like last time with Stephanie (see #52), however, I again remember to call out to see if anyone is around, but find there is no answer this time.

Not wanting to ‘waste’ as good chance to go OOB again, I focus on ‘rolling out’ to see if I can get out in the near physical, which I find I can do easily. I am now standing in the living room, and remember that I wanted to go out to the balcony to experience the jump to the street below. (I even recall having that glimmer of a thought that if I’m not OOB, I’m going to be in such deep trouble! lol) However, that thought was only a glimmer as I knew I was indeed OOB and would have such fun doing this!

So I affirm ‘to the balcony’ and find myself sweeping over the railing and gently drifting down to the street below, completely unafraid and curious to see what I would find. I found people (lots of them!) walking the street as I float gently above them, wondering to myself why I cannot make any contact with them. (I have the feeling they may have been those who are in spirit or possibly even OOB while asleep still in physical now.)

As I think this, two ‘people’ jump up into my face (male and female energies) and startle me by saying, ‘WE can see you!” and get the impression that they are not malevolent spirits, but ‘jokesters’ who love to play pranks on others. I just ignore them and they disappear.

Next I am aware of an older male energy/spirit that is accompanying me and discussing various life experiences, and I feel very comfortable talking with him. Having recently asked to meet my guides, I am now wondering if he may be one.

Even though I do not get that special ‘feeling’ I get when I am in the presence of a higher level guide,I am still very comfortable with him. I do recall asking him if he was one of my guides, why he chose to appear as an older man, and why I didn’t know more about him, but I did not get any specific answers from him – only the impression that he is someone who is connected to me in some way and is here to help.

At one point, I also remember seeing him float higher and wanting to move up with him but yet felt so ‘heavy’ and unmaneuverable. I asked him why it was this way, and his answer was that all I had to do was ‘want it’ and I would be able to join him – which I did.

I also asked him why I couldn’t just get OOB more often, and he said something like well, “we’ll do a little bit today, a little bit next week, and we will get to it as we can” - giving me the impression there was no hurry to learn it all. I felt he definitely knew how often I was getting out and was working with me as I learned.

We then meet up with another younger male energy/spirit who also ‘feels’ this same way, and I ask him why he is here with me. He indicates something about coming because he is a ‘mother-watcher’ as he watches out for mothers (?) and we have a connection that has to do with 15 year old boys(?) I told him yes, I had two boys at one time together near that age, and he proceeds to tell me, ‘…and one of them just recently had a baby, right?’ I said yes, my first granddaughter and it is interesting to note that he made a comment to indicate he was unaware that it was a girl.

(Now I am assuming that this means he may have helped me through the time I was having difficulty with my two teenage boys, at the time when both were close to age 15, and life was extremely difficult as a mother – yet it is interesting that he was aware of the latest change with one son having a new baby, but not all specific details.)

We are now all floating together above a park, with more and more energies/spirits arriving (total of about six, I think) and we are discussing different life events. (I wish I could be more specific here, but I do not recall any of the details of our conversations).

I do remember near the end of the experience that one of the energies/spirits that showed up was in fact my best friend, with whom I am currently working out some work issues with. She was telling me that while ‘I was gone’(?) I did not hear that another coworker was going to be leaving our unit to take a job with another doctor. I was surprised at this information and remember discussing the consequences and feeling upset she was going to leave and not the others who I rather hoped would leave.

I believe this ‘contact’ with my good friend served two purposes for me – one to validate that she is part of my spiritual ‘work group’ here on earth, and two, to validate the fact that this experience was a sort of ‘support group’ meeting of my spiritual friends that allowed me to discuss life issues and events that were/are occurring in my life. Whether these friends are in spirit, or currently in physical but OOB, I am not sure, but I know we all work together.

This OOB experience ended soon thereafter, and I woke with the knowing that help is always here for me and that I am never alone with any life experience.

Interesting to note, after recording this experience, I awoke again a short time later after a more intense experience that had just occurred and I remember frantically trying to remain in this ‘trance-like’ state of awareness in order to give picture associations and words that would help me recall what just happened.

However, for whatever reason, upon fully awakening, the recall vanished completely – leaving me only a few word associations - a college, a young girl, someplace I’ve been to before many times, and the inability to complete a task yet they had the ability, and my comfort in being able to help them ‘assimilate’(?) The pictures and associations I was making while in the trance state was making sense at the time, however, when fully awake, there was no ability to connect the associations into a story of any sort.

This was an interesting experience in that I realized there is a 'system' to my getting out - I will first need to feel that 'freedom' and fun of flying and doing what I like, then have to 'get to work' with another aspect of my learning.

This was also interesting in that I never thought about having a 'work group' that I was a part of, but it does make sense. These 'people' were not the same feeling as a higher guide would be, but more just like me in the sense of energy level. The older male I conversed with more felt like the 'leader' of this group than a higher guide.

2 comments:

Freddie Rivera said...

Very interesting experience. My doctor gave me medication for my RLS, and its working very fast. Maybe now I can try to take off. Most of the time I fall asleep, I am trying one of Dr. Taylor's techniques, one time his technique work for me.

Karen if you want more answers in your travels maybe you should try to leave the flying around for some other time and use your whole experience in asking questions and trying to meet your guide. Try yelling out for you guide. "Hello guide if you are there please come to me".

Blessings, Freddie

Karen said...

Freddie,

Thanks for the comment and I'm glad to hear you are trying medication for the RLS. I wish you luck with it!

As for the 'flying' around, it's not really that simple for me to accept the fact that I'm 'out' when I first get out. It's just a matter of personal need to have that abilitly to validate the process is working before I get on to 'work'.

I use Buhlman's 'inward now' affirmation as I believe, as he does, that it will then allow your Higher Self to determine the destination and experience according to what you need at this time. Every time I have used it, I have done/learned something I feel is very important for me at that time.

The other interesting thing is that whenever I am with someone I feel may be a guide of mine, I have the impression that it is for a reason that I do not get too much information about them. It's quite obvious I am not to question them to much about names and who they are, just enjoy the fact that they are with me (which I do) and we are working together in whatever experience I am in.

So honestly, I think it is more important to do 'work' for others, than to be selfish and learn about my guides, so that is why I wouldn't spend an entire experience on seeking them.

In retrospect, though, what would I do with this information anyway? how would it help? Just doing some thinking here...

Thanks again for your comment