Blog Archive

Saturday, January 17, 2009

92) Lost OBE Opportunity in Vegas

Unsuccessful OBE vs. symbolic dream

Jan 15,2009 Las Vegas Dream (I was on vacation in Vegas!)

My first realization was that I was on this moving train, watching the countryside go by and thinking, “wow, this is just like what I see when I’m OOB!” (Of course, this was my signal that I was OOB, but I just went on enjoying the train ride (!) – as the train was one of my very first signals when I started going OOB) I do remember seeing people that we passed by, including someone shooting a metal bow and arrow at us!

Next memory is of being underwater (!) and seeing this picnic table, thinking, “wow, that’s unusual for someone to put a picnic table underwater!” Again, an anomaly that should have been my signal that I was OOB, but no, did I remember??!?! Lol I remember I was learning how this table was put together, and I was with this small child trying to figure out how it all works! I even see this goldfish swimming by to seal the fact that I am underwater, but I never make the connection that I should question my surroundings! Another lost opportunity….

Next I see a large gas truck on fire (!) in the center of the town where I live. I was helping a female (me?) put the fire out, which I thought we were successful doing, but in looking under the truck I could see a small glow, indicating it may re-light!

I remember I tried to put this small glow out with some sort of odd liquid (soy sauce?) but when the truck started moving, this other female wanted to steer it down the hill out of the center of town to a safe area in case it did explode.

Now I’m standing across the street from this same spot where the truck on fire was, watching this large three story house burning! I felt it belonged to this same female as I met with the truck. It was a mass of flames, and I could see the front door and windows implode, thinking it was unusual that it was imploding instead of exploding outward. I was concerned that I was perhaps standing a little to close (across the street) for safety, as the heat from the flames were going to be intense. I was thinking maybe we should even evacuate the people from the houses around me as well.
_________________________________________________

I know this was a failed OOB, as I didn't pick up on the fact that I was out despite the many signals! However, since it also seems to have a lot of symbolisms I thought I'd share it here. This is what I found online - maybe someone else can help me decipher this more! Thanks in advance...Karen

DREAM SYMBOLISM found at Dreammoods.com (and my comments):

Train
To dream that you are on a train, is symbolic of your life's journey and suggests that you are on the right track in life and headed for the right direction. Alternatively, you have a tendency to worry needlessly over a situation that will prove to work out in the end. (BINGO! That’s me)

Bow And Arrow
To see a bow and arrow in your dream, represents a combination of female and male energies. It may refer to your libido or some sexual energy/desire. Alternatively, it symbolizes anger, aggression, or tension. This dream symbol may also be a metaphor that you are aiming for perfection. (Again, me!)
Metal
To see metal in your dream, signifies strength and character. It may also symbolize the inhumane side of society. Consider the exact type and shape of metal and what you were doing with it. (Hmm, they were shooting me with it! giving me some?)

Water
To see water in your dream, symbolizes your unconscious and your emotional state of mind. Water is the living essence of the psyche and the flow of life energy. It is also symbolic of spirituality, knowledge, healing and refreshment. (It was trying to show me I was within my subconscious – time to get out!! Lol)

Underwater
To dream that you are underwater, suggests that you are feeling overcome with emotions and are in need of greater control in your life. You may be in over your head regarding some situation.

Table
To see a table in your dream, represents social unity and the potential for a meeting or gathering. It refers to your social and family connections. (no idea on this one! )

Goldfish
To see a goldfish in your dream, foretells of wealth and many successful and pleasant adventures. (I’ll take it, but at the time, I felt it just meant as a reinforcement that I was truly underwater)

Fire
Depending on the context of your dream, to see fire in your dream can symbolize destruction, passion, desire, illumination, transformation, enlightenment, or anger. It may suggest that something old is passing and something new is entering into your life. Your thoughts and views are changing. In particular, if the fire is under control or contained in one area, then it is a metaphor of your own internal fire and inner transformation. It also represents your drive and motivation. (could be anything!)

To dream that a house is on fire, indicates that you need to undergo some transformation.

To dream that you put out a fire, signifies that you will overcome your obstacles in your life through much work and effort. (seems like whatever I’m changing to will be successful at least! Lol)

Flame
To see a flame in your dream, symbolizes purification.
To dream that you are fighting flames, signifies that you will need to invest your best efforts and energy in your road to success and wealth. (but it seems this transformations is going to take some work/effort! Lol)

Tanker
To see a tanker in your dream, represents the need to defend yourself and stand up for your beliefs without being confrontational or violent. Alternatively, the tanker may symbolize a threat. (???)

House
To see a house in your dream represents your own soul and self. Specific rooms in the house indicate a specific aspect of your psyche. In general, the attic represents your intellect, the basement represents the unconscious, etc (…and my house was on fire! yikes!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

To be short and sweet: to me this suggests that you feel that you are going on a journey of discovery, learning new things, but you feel worried that your current beliefs are going to be shaken on that journey!