Blog Archive

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

8) Validation of OBE!

I am just so excited to have received validation of my experience I wrote about here in the blog! (see #1 with following comment).

As a quick summary of that experience, during that OBE, I was introduced to an older man whom I was told was a 'graduate of the May school' (I had no idea what that was).

My quote in the blog - "In this tree house, there was an older man sitting behind a desk and the younger man was telling me all about his friend, how he was a prestigious graduate of the May's? school and other things. I spoke to the older male and said that he must be very proud, but I got the sense that he was a bit disillusioned by it all and not happy."

I can distinctly remember how the older male was not interacting and very reluctant to take part in our conversation.

I was SO surprised when a reader commented on this May school...and feel it is such a validation of this experience!

Her comment was "I don't know if you would be interested in this or not but you mentioned The May School... There is a place called The May Institute which is a school for children & adults with autism. It's strange because I don't know anyone with autism but I felt compelled to read a book titled "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time" by: Mark Haddon. In fact I just finished reading the book about a week ago.

The author works with autistic children and wrote the book from the point of view of an autistic teenager. One of the things I noted about the character in the book is he was unable to believe in 'God' or an afterlife because his autism wouldn't allow his brain to come up with that sort of 'fantasy' so he believed that when you die you are just 'dead' and nothing else happens.

When reading that part of your post it made me think about the fact that if the souls you encountered were 'graduates' of the May Institute they might have had autism (when alive) and if they did then they might not have a belief in an afterlife because when they were alive they couldn't understand the concept of continuing on after death."

I am just so excited to receive such timely validation that I wanted to share this with everyone!

A BIG thanks to the one who left the comment....you really made my day!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are very welcome! I'm so happy I could help! :) And once again, awesome blog! :)

Anonymous said...

Greetings,
My name is Doug Robinson.
Just started reading of your experiences. I really like what you are saying.
I have read for many years about lucid dreams and oobe and have had the odd one myself.
What I want to pass on to you just in case you may not have heard of this man who has written three books on oobe that in my oppinion are about the best one will find.
His name is Robert Monroe. If you already know who I am talking about I will leave it at that. If you do not know, he can be found on the internet under The Monroe Institute. I'm certain you will be glad you did.
In the meantime I will continue to enjoy your journal.