Blog Archive

Friday, November 17, 2023

202) Life Events and How They Work

I had an interesting dream this morning that clarified to me how the many life events we go through over the years create the individual we are now.  Like many others, I sometimes wish that I knew ahead of time how events would turn out, but this dream made me realize that this information may not be as helpful as we think it would be.  Goals we set and our ambition to achieve them may change depending on our behaviors during the critical 'event' we are currently going through. 

In this dream, I was happily watching a movie about an older man being a mentor to a young male. I do not recall the specific details in the movie, but watched as they together endured various significant 'life events' to create the best life for the young male, ultimately being a famous basketball star, his lifelong dream.  

At the end of the show, the same 'movie' started again, but this time as I watched I recalled how it was an exact repeat and that I'd now know the ending.  However, in the middle of the movie, one difference was that the young male now picked up an advertisement in the shape of an index card that showed his life events and the ultimate outcome, showing he achieved his dream goal! 

He understood he currently was going through one of the major 'life events' shown on the card.  The last and final event was to be that he would obtain a 'basketball scholarship' which ultimately leads him to his life's goal.  He showed the mentor this "advertisement card" with the life events and felt he now could stop working toward this goal so diligently since the outcome was known!  However, instead of motivating him to work harder, he changed his behaviors and stopped pursuing his dream, as he felt it was a 'done deal' .  I knew because of this knowledge that the ending of this movie was now going to be different. 

I awoke with such clarity as to how this all works and why we have to learn to be the best we can be without exactly knowing how the 'movie' will end.  We DO need to keep focused on the end goal, knowing it will come, but always looking for the steps the Universe will put in our path to obtain them, even if it's another 'life event' we must get through. 



No comments: