Blog Archive

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

102) Ignored Signals in Near-Reality; 6/28/56

4/5/09

This OBE is again nothing like my usual experiences, and seems to have a degree of ‘near-reality’ in it that is just SO convincing that THIS time I pay no attention to the various signals (anomalies) that would indicate I am OOB! I really don’t know what is going on with my projections!

For this experience, I am in my usual spot on the couch and find that I am having a harder time to settle down than usual. I am very tired, yet cannot sleep. It seems that I just get to that right ‘mindstate’ and suddenly I hear my husband coming down the stairs to try to convince me to go back to bed!

Normally, this would signal a false awakening for me, as this has happened many times before, however, this time it ‘felt’ different. I was SO tired, and SO annoyed that he’d wake me, I just rolled off the couch and moved toward the stairs to go upstairs to bed. I feel SO heavy, like I’m drugged - having difficulty even opening my eyes as I move! I just can’t seem to pull them open! (In hindsight, it was the same ‘feeling’ I had when previously OOB and aware of it, in trying to get some vision within an experience)

I move heavily into the bedroom and I remember all I want to do is sleep because I feel SO heavy and tired! Yet, things start happening all at once! My husband brings me my cell phone, saying that the hospital is on the line. I take it as I am concerned there is another emergency that I may have to go in for. Then the house phone rings, and as I KNOW it’s only 3am (which it really was!), so I answer it again concerned it could be the hospital.

I am so disgusted to find out it’s a sales call!! Some voice wanting to sell me some sort of ‘announcement service’ to let me know when school is out! I can recall trying to push the phone buttons to get to a ‘real’ person, and when I do, I ask her why she calling me at 3am to tell me about this!! She does apologize and tells me she won’t bother me again.

Now my daughter (who doesn’t even live with me) shows up in the bedroom, carrying on about something that I can’t even make sense of! Her words are garbled, and she’s talking about something that needs to be straightened out. I feel SO TIRED I can’t even concentrate on her words, and she gets annoyed and goes back to her bedroom, laughing and talking with others who are there. I remember thinking, “What is she doing still up and visiting with her friends at 3am!!”

Before she left, though, I was ‘handed’ a rose…and the rose was being held in a man’s arm/hand! The fingers were tightly wrapped around the rose, and the arm just ended at the shoulder level. I’m thinking, “This is a real arm! It even has hair on it! Who would want to give someone a hairy arm holding a rose? Do they even realize it came off of a real person??” I place the arm and rose on my bedside table, and watch as the fingers move to encircle other ‘fingers’ that I have there!

(Now, you would think with all these ‘signals’ that I would have been able to realize I was out of body!!! Yet, I felt SO heavy, SO dense, and SO TIRED that I just assumed it all was real!)
I finally fell asleep in bed, wondering why so many things were happening to me in the middle of the night to try to keep me awake! I then found myself transitioning to full wakefulness - still on the couch with nothing going on at 4am!

I tried to return to sleep and became aware of being in full vibrations. I rolled out, and again, I see my husband next to me, trying to get my attention by talking to me about something. I tell him I’m busy, and I need to do my work, and just then notice a man walking into the room from my left behind my husband. I felt I needed to talk to him, so excused myself and went after him. I asked, “Can I help you? Where are you going?” as he walked through the living room to the French doors by the hallway.

He is saying something about being a patient of mine ‘from the other night’ and told me his birthdate of 6/28/56. I remember asking him to repeat it as I was unsure of the year being ‘56 or ‘60. He again emphatically told me the date which I have recorded as 6/28/56. My feeling was that this date was being impressed upon me as something I needed to remember.

I asked him again where he was going, and he answered, “No where”. I was feeling frustrated and blank, not being able to think of what I should do next because I was rather overwhelmed to think this was a patient I had/would have!

The experience then faded rather quickly and I was left with the feeling that I may have asked the wrong questions or that it was just more important that I remembered that date. I don’t usually get such specific details when OOB, so I do try to take note when one is impressed upon me.

Once again, I am sharing this experience even though I did not take note of the signals to gain control of the experience. However, it was so different in its ‘feel’ that I don’t think I was capable of thinking clearly enough to become aware! The second part was so much ‘lighter’ in feel, just as many of other experiences are, but still rather unfulfilling unless I find out what that date could mean!

COMMENTARY: What I feel/know now is that there are so many degrees of 'physical-ness' one can experience as you progress inward/outward toward the higher level experiences.

IMO, I believe having already experienced the fun, joy, lightness, and freedom that the higher realms give us has allowed me to differentiate better between these lower more dense physical experiences.

I am finding out that even within each level of experience, there are varying degrees of 'sensation' and awareness. I just need to find out and learn how to bring more 'awareness' into the lower ones so that perhaps I can utilize this physical sense more with others I may find there.

In thinking about it, this learning could even play into the many discussions as to whether lucid dreams are OBEs and vice versa. As with all things, there cannot be a basis for comparison unless there is something to compare it too!

No comments: